To put that in my nose!!
So, shopping at WalMart yesterday. We got vitamins, food, diapers, TP, etc. In other words, we went all over the store (including right by the pharmacy). As Kal watches me load the bags into the car, I notice his nose starts to bleed. But, as I look closer, it is orange. He noticed, put his finger in his nose (as is required of children) as I ask him what happened. He replied, " (mumble) in my nose." WHAT??? What is in his nose? I finally got him to tell me. A vitamin. (ok, so he would probably call any pill a vitamin). He decides to close his eyes really tight and be silent because that probably means I can't see him and he is therefore no longer in trouble and what he did will just be forgotten. WRONG!!! I was freaking out!! What kind of pill did he shove up his nose? I looked and saw something up in the bridge of his nose (way past the nostril) oozing orange. Bubbles are coming through, so I know air is passing through his nostril. I couldn't get a hold of Brandon to find out what pills are orange and small enough to fit up Kal's tiny nostrils. In a panic, praying for help, it occurs to me it might be candy. So I did what only a mom would be able to do: I tasted it. Yep. I tasted the orange goop oozing from his nose. (bodily secretions are the reason I did not become a nurse, by the way). It was actually quite yummy. At this point I was able to calm down, realizing that something that tasted like that was probably meant to dissolve quickly and most likely not a dangerous pill. If it was, in fact, medicine, it was intended for children and one dose wouldn't kill him. Later, he told me he picked it up on the floor as we were walking out to the car. The last part that worried me, only a little, was he fell asleep within about 10 minutes of the incident. He must have been really tired. He is just fine today. He said his nose hurt for the rest of the day yesterday. I hope it hurt enough to deter him from EVER sticking anything up his nose again!! (including fingers, but that's definitely wishful thinking . . . )
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
There are just some moments that make you wonder...what on EARTH are you thinking, little one? Glad it all dissolved into nothing, although I can't believe you tasted it. You must really love that kid :)
It was so smart (and gross) of you to taste it! Haha. You are a good mom!
Don't you just love the day in the life of mama-ing! We miss you guys. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment