The tubes are in! Everything went without a hitch. Kal and I walked to the hospital at 6 am today. The starving baby (who had to be fasting until the procedure was over) was very peaceful. He just watched all the people and observed his surroundings. Everyone thought he was just so adorable and several nurses asked if they could take him home.He arrived wearing Jocelyn's pajamas (hey--they were yellow!!) But that wasn't as bad as the pink hospital gown they had him put on! Doesn't he look adorable?
The anesthesiologist (in our ward) commented on how the pink was really throwing him off; he felt funny referring to Kal as "him" with a pink gown and bracelet on!About 20 minutes before the procedure, the nurse brought tylenol and an anesthetic in. This drug was supposed to make him act drunk. It was good times from there . . . Kal is a happy drunk! He chuckled at everything I did, sang, and gave me tons of kisses! Watch out ladies . . .
I caught a minute as he was winding down. I wish I had caught him singing, but here he is. You can tell he is moving slowly. He was just like this when they returned him to me 20 minutes later. He came back to me and gave me many kisses. Then I let him eat and unleashed a monster--he screamed for about 5 minutes or so. Then he ate more and went to sleep. He has been an angel ever since! Not so bad for a trip to the hospital! Well done, Kal!

3 comments:
(Brad here)
Tubes?!
How come I never hear about any of this stuff?.... I know, I know... I don't see my own family enough--let alone get let in on what the rest of my family is up to (only yesterday I heard that you all nearly died--scary!).
Give us a call sometime, and tell Lindsay to let her husband know what is going on in the family!
Love y'all!
Way to go Kal! I hope those tubes help him sleep. We had so much fun while you guys were here. Be safe, no more 3 am spin-offs in your car.
Oh how funny, what a handsome silly young man!! I hope he continues to do so well!!
Give everyone hugs and kisses!
Love,
Grandma Campbell
Post a Comment