Monday, February 2, 2009

For those who were wondering . . .

Brandon and I have given some serious thought to naming our little baby. We though the method in Twilight was quite ingenious. (Renesme--Rene and Esme) The hard part is, this baby has 3 sets of grandparents! So, here are our ideas:

Mark+Michael (Mike)+Bruce
MaMiRuce
Makuce
Brumami/ck
Barchael
Marucel

Tannie+Joyce+Mary
Jotanry
Tanjory
Tory Jo
Jomatan
Mannie Joy
Tanmoycie

Boy, this naming thing is tough! Of course, Brandon has been the creative one with the naming so far (Xui and Kal).

We had an ultrasound on Wednesday. This was a defining moment in our family history because, according to Jocelyn, if it was a boy we would have to "give him back to the hospihell," but she would be very excited to have a sister. Our sweet little baby's legs were crossed for the ultrasound. The tech thought maybe a girl. When the doctor came, he wanted to get a better look at the heart (everything looks great). I asked him if he would check the gender one more time while he was at it. He seconded girl, but the cord was hanging around, so he wasn't certain either. So, we are pretty sure IT'S A GIRL!! Her name is most likely going to be River. If we have a surprise in the delivery room, we will name him Grayson Taylor. Either way, we are super excited for this little one.

11 comments:

kimber said...

"Hospihell" oh that is just too funny. Congratulations if it's really a girl!!! How wonderful and I LOVE the names you've chosen. River? GORGEOUS!!! Though some of those Twilight names are pretty good too. Too funny!!

kimber said...

Me again - and Grayson Taylor ROCKS! Love it.

Jen Holt said...

We are way excited for you guys! It now may be the round for girls in the family. If not she will be stuck with lots of boys! Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congrats- that is so exciting! I always get so excited to find out the gender. Glad Jocelyn approves and that you won't have to send the baby back to the hospihell! :)

James and Sandra said...

We are way excited too! We'll see you soon since you are flying in today. Woo Hoo!

TerriLyn said...

Ooo, I like the name Grayson for a boy... maybe we'll steal it if we ever have a boy. I also like Mannie Joy and Tory. How fun to be having another girl! We are so happy for you guys. Can't wait to hear when she arrives.

Rebecca S said...

Hey - sorry I've missed you a few times. Congratulations - don't think I've even told you that! Love the names - I'm secretly chearing for a boy because I especially like Grayson, I've never heard it before. Anyway - how are you?

The Haas Family said...

SO EXCITING!!! The little name thing cracks me up. Someone finally moved into your place, but is just isn't the same--no Flammers! River is a beautiful name. Congrats.

Jenny said...

Lots of girls coming these days. Congrats. And I love the hospihell comment.

Natalie said...

Congrats! I've been wondering about that...... hope all is well!

Unknown said...

Wow, how fun!!!! I'm hoping girl, but only because I have so much fun with them!! I'm excited for you!