Monday, January 26, 2009

Jocelyn on motherhood

I tell Jocelyn that she is growing up too fast. She scowls at me and informs me that she has to because she wants to be a mom. I tell her she will be one day, and she'll be a great mom, but for now she can just be my little Angel Princess. Not satisfied, she always disagrees and doesn't want to wait to be a mom.

All day today, Jocelyn told me about "Cassie" and "Journey" and older sister and brother she had when she was a "teeny, tiny baby grill." She went into a lot of detail about how they both grew up to be parents and grandparents. It was quite interesting.

Then she became Kal's mom. She called him "son" all morning and wanted him to obey her. She wiped his face, but wanted me to get his "bogers." I got a lot of insight today.

Later, she typed on the computer. She sees me do homework sometimes and occasional emails or paying bills. Some of you got IMs from her (if you happened to be online when we were). She had a blast being a mom today.

In the tub tonight Jos was wiping the sides with a washcloth. Then, as she slung the cloth over her shoulder, she stated, "I look like a mom, amn't I. I am washing everything."

Then as I put her to bed, she gently put her hands on my cheeks and said, "Mom, you are so beautiful." What a precious angel. She'll be a great mom!!

3 comments:

Tuthill Family said...

I agree with Jocelyn - she has a very beautiful mom! Sounds like you are going to have a great little helper when the next baby gets here! Maybe she'll even let you hold him/her if you ask nicely. :)

Unknown said...

Of course she will be a great mom, she has a great example!! You're so sweet and do a wonderful job of teaching her what's important. Keep it up mom!

James and Sandra said...

That is sweet. Jocelyn is so funny. She seems to be quite smart too. You better watch out with that one! She'll be tricking you into things in no time.