Saturday, January 10, 2009

Funny Jocelyn

Our little Goose is really a silly goose. She says some really smart things and really surprises us with her good nature and desire to help. She sometimes seems a little too grown up for a 3 year old!I was at Target looking for maternity pants. There is not much of a selection here, so I went over to the fitting rooms to ask if there were more somewhere. Two employees were talking and I just waited for a minute. Jocelyn, however, finished waiting before they finished talking. She blurted out, "I need some jeans!"

One employee left with a grin, a man nearby walked away because he was cracking up, and the kind employee just replied, "Well, what size do you need, Sweety?"

To which Jocelyn informed her, "I don't need jeans, I already have some! My mom needs some!"

The lady then asked, "What size does she need?"

Jocelyn answered, "She has a baby in her tummy, so big and stretchy!" She cracks me up. All I could do was smile.

We had chocolate milk with our dinner last night. I just made some in a pitcher and we drank it until it was almost gone. Jocelyn poured the last bit into her cup. Brandon thought he would give her a hard time and said that he wanted some. So, she offered to give her's to him. Not expecting that offer, he quickly declined and told her he was just teasing her. When he didn't want her's, she handed the empty pitcher to me and asked me to make more chocolate milk for Dad. He reassured her that he really didn't need any more. She quickly took a drink of her milk and dumped the rest back into the pitcher. She told Brandon she was all finished and now there was some for him. He tried to get her to drink it, but she declined and informed him she was finished and didn't want any more. So, he finally gave in and thanked her for sharing and drank it. What a thoughtful little girl! She got some big hugs and smiles for being so thoughtful and giving. Gold stars for Joc!!

We were invited to spend Christmas Eve and Bishop Watkins' house. I will post more about that later, but here is a short video of Jocelyn doing the Hokey Pokey. This helps me remember how old she really is! She is so fun and so cute. We just love her!!

3 comments:

i am heidi said...

I will definately say you got what you deserve. a child that speaks her mind and tells you what is up!!

Tuthill Family said...

That is adorable! She sounds like someone that I need to take shopping - she gets things done! And I absolutely love the dancing! She is so cute!

Larissa Chase said...

what a great dancer. Watch out Dad, you are going to be fighting off the boys soon enough!