That's what my sweet Mr. Kal tells me every time I change a messy diaper. Well, don't read the following while eating:
During Sacrament meeting last week, we sat in the overflow. Kal was super grumpy and when spinning in circles made him happy, we decided it was less disruptive than grumping at us. Well, he got dizzy and fell over, so I pulled him up on my lap. He puked. All over me, IN the diaper bag, and all over the floor. Luckily, we were by a garbage can and the door, so I pick it up and held it under him as I took him out to the bathroom. Unfortunately, it happened as the closing speaker was finishing and I was supposed to say the benediction. So, I stripped Kal, put his jacket on him and gave him to Brandon and ran back to the bathroom to wipe myself off and made it back just in time to say the prayer.
This morning:
Jos was up in the night with a tummy ache. I gave her tums and put her back to bed. She got up with a tummy ache. I got her breakfast, but she didn't eat it. She just drank water. I felt so sad for her, so I pulled her onto my lap while I ate. Two bites in, she puked. Right into my bowl. I ran her to the bathroom, leaving a trail of vomit behind. Poor girl. As I was holding her hair back for her, I saw River rolling towards the mess. Luckily, Jos finished in time for me to grab Riv before she entered the puke zone.
A shower later, I found River pooped up her tummy and down both legs. Awesome. I pulled a "Grandma Flammer" and had to wash her off under the faucet (at least it was the bathtub and not the kitchen!!).
At least everything was cleaned up by 9 am. We are having a jammy day today (at least Jos and Kal). Though I feel sad for Jos and her fever, I am really enjoying the snuggles. I was holding Riv at one point and Jos needed to snuggle, so I put Rivi in her exersaucer. She was happy until she saw me snuggle Jos. Jocelyn just laughed and said, in a baby talk voice, "Oh, Little River. She's my mommy, too!" Then Jos chuckled and River calmed down. It was a cute moment. River just adores Jocelyn.
Jocelyn is tough about being sick. She will be back to normal by tomorrow, so I am enjoying my snuggles today. I love my kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a weekend!! I love those. I do believe we had the "sickest" holiday season to date. Our kids got the pukes, sore throats, colds (several times). Seeing all the cousins were fun, but maybe the break will be good for our health.
All in the day and the life, right? Oh I love it. We've had the pukes here too, but nothing so public. You are a super mom, DeAnne!
Oh my gosh. That is truly the sign of a good mommy, when you can go through all that and still love them. You poor thing! You're such a good mom. I love Joc's comment to River. Too cute. I laughed when my word verification for this comment was "pussis." That seems fitting. :)
Post a Comment