Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Romantic Getaway

After two years of med school, it was time to celebrate! Brandon finished up classes and had a couple days off before his ACLS certification, so we took advantage of the "Grand Prize" that we won at February Fling. on July 1, Kal and Jocelyn spent the night in the Fransons' home. We took off to use our $25 gift certificate (it was a gift to Brandon for coaching Mary Immaculate's basketball team) at the fanciest restaurant in Missouri: the Pear Tree (it only covered 1/2 of the bill!!) where we enjoyed their signature onion rings, fillet mignon and prime rib. As we arrived, we noticed some cars with Utah license plates. When we walked in, we saw a table full of friends who were also out celebrating. It was fun to see them there!


After dinner, we headed for our free night's stay at the Depot Inn & Suites in La Plata. We stayed in the "Sportsman" suite (kind of like Anniversary Inn). We even got to swim in the pool! It was a nice getaway and we definitely want to return to Depot Inn for graduation.


Both of these places are historic sites here in Missouri. Check out the links below so you can see them for yourself!
http://www.depotinnandsuites.com/
http://www.thepeartreerestaurant.com/

Thank you so much Adam and Melissa, for making this possible by taking in our children despite Jocelyn's midnight madness!

6 comments:

Foster said...

Wow, I was just thinking the other day that you hadn't posted in awhile...well you redeemed yourself! All the pictures were great. I can't wait to see Kal, he has changed soooo much since last time I saw him--the picture of him standing up next to the stroller makes him look so old.

Looks like you all had a great holiday or days.

James and Sandra said...

Sounds like you guys have had one heck of a great July. It was fun to look at all the pictures and read about all the fun you had. We can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!

Melissa said...

I am so glad that you guys had such a good time! We were happy to watch your cute kiddos for you. We will miss you guys a lot!!!

Foster said...

(Brad here)

You mean that married people can still have fun and go on dates and stuff?

Hmmmm. Don't tell Lindsay--I think I have her believing that we can't actually do anything anymore other than eat brownies and watch Hitchcock films.

BK Sonico Family said...

Congratulations! 2 years all ready. That is seriously awesome. Well, I am excited because I just got your blog site from your mom so now I get to see what you guys are up to over there in Missouri. Looks like fun!

Pattie said...

I am so sad that i never got to say good bye or give you a hug I enjoyed our chats..good luck in the future...hey check out my blog.....