Sunday, September 7, 2008

"Buggy" Day

The library in Kirksville had a Summer reading program. The theme was "Catch the Reading Bug." Very appropriate for all the Midwest bugs (see below). There were "buggy" activities to do at home and at the library. We had so much fun! It all ended with a Renaissance fair, with bugs tied into it (sounds weird, but it was very fun!). Here are some photos! We miss you Quincy and Mrs. B!
Ants on a Log . . . YUMMY!

We made all kinds of bugs out of play dough. Jocelyn loved rolling it into balls.

Fun with bugs . . .
Centipede
Micro Deer Tick (in my thigh!!)
Spider eating a moth (yum!)
Daddy Long Legs (about 2.5 inches long!)
Moth (the size of my palm)
Beetle (here it is after I detached it from the back of my neck)

Other things we did at the library:

NASA had a representative come. She had special paper airplanes and helicopters and showed us some moon rocks.

Quincy
Jocelyn

We also learned how to do some baby yoga.

Here we are making bird feeders.
Here was our "picnic" of donuts, rice crispy treats and juice for our final story time.
Jocelyn and Mrs. B


And finally . . .
the Renaissance Fair
Princess Jocelyn
Getting a tatoo
Walking in a "spider web"

Ahhh, such a pretty boy.

Thank you, Mrs. B! We miss you!

3 comments:

DeAnne said...

Jocelyn: I DO miss Quincy. I miss Mrs. B, too. And I miss (the list continues to about everybody she knows). But we go to the library here. Grannie Tannie came with us (thank you Grannie for flying back to Ohio to help us!!) I love you!

Melissa said...

We miss you guys too!!! I love the post, it is good to see soem pics of our friends, the Flammers!

Rebecca S said...

I can't believe how long Jocelyn's hair is - and dark too. Quincy misses you guys - I'm glad you're back to posting again. Happy birthday to Kal this week!