
One day, as we were eating lunch, Jocelyn showed me a cool trick. When I said, "Wow! Where did you learn how to do that?" She replied, "I know everything."
Here are some cute conversations with the girl who knows everything:
She is starting to tell jokes. Her first one:
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Squash.
Squash, who?
Aren't you glad I didn't say tree?!
(You can tell she's heard the classic "orange you glad I didn't say banana" joke)
Me: I need some help finding my phone.
Joc: I have some help.
Me: You'll give me some help?
Joc: Yah, Kal.
Me: Kal will help me find it?
Joc: Yah. I will look at your phone for you when you find it.
Joc: Sometimes Jesus comes to Canton, Ohio.
Me: What does He do when He comes?
Joc: Well, sometimes He knocks on our door and we open it.
Me: What does He do when we open it?
Joc: He just comes in.
Me: What does He do when He comes in?
Joc: Well, He usually plays puzzles with me, and sometimes we play with toys then do puzzles upstairs . . .(trailing off)
Me: What else?
Joc: Play puzzles, read books, play puzzles upstairs, play with toys, and helps you, me, and Dad put my baby brother back to sleep.
(do you think she wanted to do puzzles?)
The last two are my favorites. She is a very sweet girl and very observant.
Just before we moved to Ohio, there was a full length mirror in our hallway. Jocelyn was all ready for church and she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror and had to stop to admire her darling self. I said, "You are beautiful, Jocelyn." She had the best response ever. With a smile she replied, "I am a child of God."
When we read scriptures one evening, she asked what the words on the top of the page were. I told her it said First Nephi. Then I showed her Chapter 8 and verse 1. After we read our verses for the night, she told me she wanted to read to me. She took the Book of Mormon and flipped through the pages, then said, "I am going to read my favorite part. First Jesus Six One: And behold, the Lord was dead for three days and He was resurrected and no bad people came again."
I am sure we will come up with more for a later post. Jocelyn is constantly talking and saying the funniest stuff. I wish I just had a tape recorder on her!

3 comments:
Way cute! She must talk your ear off. Bye the way - have you gotten a package from us yet?
how cute is she? i sure miss her and she is one of the best story tellers ever
What a cutie!
Post a Comment