Thursday, June 18, 2009

Reflections

River comes tomorrow. We are all so happy she will be joining our family! As I was with my little angels today, I thought about how their whole world is about to change. They both seem very excited about a baby coming, but I know it is hard at the same time. These changes, difficult as they may be, are wonderful experiences that we will cherish forever.

Today I got to snuggle Jocelyn while Kal was napping. We were talking about her life and thoughts. It was so insightful. She is a thoughtful girl. River and Kal are very blessed to have such a thoughtful, intelligent, and sweet older sister. She is my biggest helper in the whole world. It is bitter-sweet to see her grow up so fast. I look at her little angel face and those gorgeous blue eyes and it makes my eyes water sometimes to see how fast she is growing. I tell her I love her so much that my body can't keep it in, so it comes out in tears. That thought makes her smile. There was a thunder storm the night before Kal was born and I spent the night on Jocelyn's floor next to her bed. The next morning I had my appointment, and Kal came. When I left her that morning, she was my little baby girl. When I returned from the hospital, she was a little girl napping in her bed. She grew in 2 days!!

I sit here tonight reflecting on the time I got to snuggle Kal this afternoon, wondering if my little baby boy will grow so much in 2 days, too! I am sure he will. He is talking and expressing so much lately. Kal really is growing up. He has quite a sense of humor. River and Jocelyn are blessed to have a mellow, funny, caring brother. I am blessed to have another good little helper (Kal) who loves to clean!

I love being a mom and look forward to meeting little River tomorrow. Our ward is so wonderful and it only took a few phone calls to find willing people to care for my angels for 3 days (since she is coming a little earlier than expected). I am so excited to see Mom on Monday and have her here to help as we welcome this little one into our lives. Thank you to all our family and friends for your prayers--we made it to 38 1/2 weeks this time! I love all of you!

4 comments:

kimber said...

Oh MY!!! Good luck tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with you. What a treasure this blog entry will be to all THREE of your children someday!!! Each will know of your thoughts about them on the night before River came into the world. There is something very profound about that. It brings a lump to my throat. Hugs and kisses and all our love. Can't wait to hear all about River. (Such a gorgeous name!)

Sims Family said...

Wow what an entry. It sure is a treasure for your kids. My eyes were watering, reading the whole post and still are. You are such an awesome mom. Good luck and we can't wait to see pictures (Danny and Kristy)

Unknown said...

Oh how exciting! Jocelyn and Kal will be amazing older syblings. I can't wait to meet her!

i am heidi said...

thank you for sharing that!! I love you