
Jocelyn is such a joy. This morning she came into my bedroom at 6:30 and climbed into bed next to me. She put her face in front of mine and stroked my cheek and whispered, "I love you, Mommy." What a way to start the day!
Our sweet little girl is learning a lot about different emotions. We sing songs about feelings and she always wants to know if we are happy. Now she tells me when she is sad, mad, just tired, happy, or scared. Whenever there is a picture in a book , she must determine how that person/animal is feeling. It is pretty cute. We also talk about the grumpy old troll (from Dora) when she is being grumpy. I have never been more aware of how I display emotion before!
She experienced a severe disappointment when her dance class was canceled. I got her up early from her nap (in fact, she wore her leotard to bed and didn't even sleep because she was so excited) and packed both kids into the car. It was very snowy and icy, but we made it to class only to notice that nobody else was there! My heart sunk as I saw the disappointment in her face when I broke the news: dance was canceled because of the storm. So, we headed to Dairy Queen in an attempt to make her feel better. As you can see in the picture, it worked! Jocelyn did not forget, but she did feel better about it and later forgave me. We are still friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment