Sunday, March 9, 2008

Tongues
























We began to notice that our son had a rather unique feature, so we decided to investigate the source of his Gene Simmons-like trait (for those of you who don't know, Gene Simmons is the lead singer of the band KISS). Turns out that he gets a fair number of genes from his mother. His new favorite past time is to grab everyone's face and lick them. It's a slimy experience given the sheer length of his tongue. I imagine it's what being licked by a serpent would feel like. Pretty soon he'll be able to wrap that thing around his head.
Jocelyn, on the other hand, gets a fair amount from her father with some added benefits from her mom. She actually has independent control of the 2 halves of her tongue (DeAnne). It's pretty cool to see her do different things with each side.
As a side note, we figured out why I always look hammered in these pictures. It's the flash. My eyes are usually partially closing from the brightness of the flash by the time the camera actually takes the picture. It waits a little to take the picture in order to reduce the red-eye phenomenon, but that means that my eyes are starting to close by the time it actually takes the picture. Therefore, no I'm not as hammered as I always look. School is doing a good job of making me tired, though. (I am so glad I asked Brandon to write this--he did great!)

6 comments:

TerriLyn said...

Yea, I was going to say...I think from those pictures we can deduct that Kal has his mommy's tongue. This is a fun post! And you look great by the way!

Kat Curtis said...

Kal has quite the tongue!! And I'll tell you what, baby slobber is much better from your own little guy than from someone else's! Gotta love baby kisses! And yeah, sure it's the flash - you might want to get some sleep Brandon!! :)

Foster said...

Holy crap...that tongue is amazing. Little Kal is getting cuter and cuter. What fun pictures.

The Haas Family said...

DeAnne I just love that picture of Kal! So cute.

Sarah said...

The two of you could start up your own Kiss band! Cute post.

Unknown said...

That's amazing!!!!! Very cool resemblance. :)